Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

Chapter 11's Reaction

So far this book has been very different from the other reading experiences I have had but in a good way. I've learned, related, contrasted, and had many different opinions about the all of the characters. When I reached chapter 11 I felt as if Mrs. Dubose spoke out to me the most in a motivational and encouraging way. In the book it says" Mrs. Dubose was a morphine addict, said Atticus. She took it as a pain-killers for years...she said she meant to break herself of it before she died, and that's what she did"(pg.147-148). We'll most of the time when people are drug addicts, they have a hard time trying to break their addiction, and they get so caught up so badly that they give up on themselves. So to read that she did what she said she was going to do is very inspiring to me, because it persuades me to be a better person and stick to my words and be as strong as she was.

1 comment:

  1. After reading the first 11 chapters for to kill a mockingbird I like the book a lot. It makes me wonder about how much more Jem and Scout will grow and change and have different opinions. Things that motivate me to continue reading is thinking about how Scout and Jem will have to face racism and wonder about the challenges they will face.

    ReplyDelete

On a scale of 1-5, what would you rate this book